The 7th edition of the annual international Quantum Techniques in Machine Learning (QTML) conference will take place from 19 to 24 November 2023 at CERN. The goal of the conference is to gather leading academic researchers and industry players to interact through a series of scientific talks focused on the interplay between machine learning and quantum physics.
First hosted in Verona, Italy (2017), QTML has evolved from a successful two-day workshop to a large-scale conference bringing together experts from the fields of quantum computing and machine learning to discuss the latest progress and future perspectives within the rapidly evolving field of quantum machine learning. The previous editions were held in Durban, South Africa (2018), Daejeon, South Korea (2019), and Naples (Italy). In 2020 and 2021, the event took place online, hosted by Zapata Computing and Riken, respectively. This year, QTML 2023 will be held at CERN, Switzerland.
The one-week conference will comprise talks by key-note and invited speakers, as well as tutorials, on topics covering the application of quantum techniques in machine-learning tasks and the use of machine-learning algorithms for studying quantum systems. The research areas include (but are not limited to):
- Quantum algorithms for machine learning,
- Machine learning for quantum physics,
- Quantum learning theory,
- Quantum variational circuits,
- Data encoding and processing in quantum systems,
- Learning and optimisation with hybrid quantum-classical methods,
- Tensor methods and quantum-inspired machine learning,
- Quantum machine learning for chemistry, biology, finance and cybersecurity,
- Machine learning for experimental quantum information,
- Machine learning in quantum chemistry,
- Quantum state reconstruction,
- Quantum optimisation,
- Quantum evolutionary algorithms,
- Fuzzy logic for quantum machine learning,
- Quantum-enhanced robustness in machine-learning models.
Mark your calendar now, as registration will open shortly!
For more details and regular updates, please visit the event’s website: https://qtml-2023.web.cern.ch/