QuantHEP has announced the programme for the QuantHEP Seminar – Quantum Computation and High-Energy Physics Seminar for the second half of 2021. The following sessions are to take place until the end of the year:
- 8 September 2021, Elías F. Combarro (University of Oviedo), Exploring applications of quantum computing at CERN.
- 6 October 2021, Karl Jansen (DESY), From tensor networks to quantum computations of lattice field theories.
- 3 November 2021, Jesse Thaler (MIT), Quantum (Inspired) Algorithms for Collider Physics.
- 1 December 2021, Martin Savage (University of Washington and InQubator for Quantum Simulation), Quantum Computation for Quantum Field Theories and Nuclear Physics.
All the previous sessions are available on the QuantHEP Seminar YouTube channel.
The QuantHEP Seminar is an initiative of the research project QuantHEP – Quantum Computing Solutions for High-Energy Physics aiming at:
- presenting and discussing ideas and results on how Quantum Computing – and Quantum Technologies (QT) in general – can help address scientific challenges in High-Energy Physics (HEP), and how in turn HEP can bring new insights into Quantum Information Science;
- bringing the QT and HEP communities closer together and foster their scientific collaboration
For more details, see: https://quanthep-seminar.org/